[RCD] Custom Session Handlers

Thomas Bruederli thomas at roundcube.net
Wed Jun 5 09:15:59 CEST 2013

Reindl Harald wrote:

>>> no, it's the job of the handler implement locking
>>> are you not doing this currently?

>>> thanks!
>> Please find attached a patch that adds the option to use the native PHP
>> session save handlers in Roundcube. Could you give it a try before we
>> commit it to git?
>>
>> Hint: you need to set
>> $rcmail_config['session_storage'] = 'php';
>
> thank you!
>
> i included the patch im my RPM-SPEC, changed the config and the
> session-table keeps empty while read messages, lists and compose
> a message with a attachment works, even after RC said the target
> adress wiht "@test.rh" is wrong while the SMTP has a transport :-)

Thanks for testing! However, the sending issue most likely isn't session
related.

I've not committed the patch to git master. Please note that some cleanup
jobs within Roundcube are tied to the session garbage collector calls which
do not happen when using the native php session save handler. Thus you
should call bin/gc.sh periodically with a cron job.

I hope this finally adds the amount of flexibility you're requesting.

~Thomas