[RCD] sig dashes broken in 1.0-git?

Michael Heydekamp listuser at freexp.de
Thu Jun 6 20:45:09 CEST 2013

Arne,

uh, I must admit that this standard (?) with three sig dashes (without WSP)
for top-posted replies is totally new to me, thanks for the input. Is this
documented somewhere (RFCs)...? And what's the sense of and reason for it?

My default setting is indeed top-posting, because most people I'm in touch
with, are unfortunately not familiar with inline quoting. The problem is,
that, depending on the person I'm replying to, I do not always use
top-posting. In those cases I'm moving the the sig to the bottom of the
mail.

This would lead to a sig with three dashes at the bottom, so I would have to
remove one of them manually, whenever I'm moving a sig to the bottom. Not
very convenient...

So I think it's better to include a two-dashes-separator in the sig (as I
had it before) and always use this one, no matter if top or bottom.
Fortunately, RC doesn't touch this, when being part of the sig.

But as we speak, I'd like to emphasize again my proposal to have an option
in the addressbook, in which way I want to reply to this particular person.

Cheers,
--
Michael Heydekamp
Co-Admin freexp.de