[RCD] sig dashes broken in 1.0-git?

Michael Heydekamp listuser at freexp.de
Thu Jun 6 21:10:40 CEST 2013

Am 06.06.2013 20:53, schrieb Arne Berglund:

> Using the two-dash separator when top posting runs the risk of many
> clients (Thunderbird as a notable example) not displaying any of the
> message below the separator.
>
> The three-dash separator solution was the result of a lengthy discussion
> several versions ago when the top-post option was implemented. It has
> worked perfectly for sometime now, and I and my organization (which is
> full of top-posters) would complain loudly if it were eliminated.

Hmm, not sure if I understand you correctly:

Does Thunderbird not offer an option to NOT remove anything below the
standard sig dashes ("-- ")? I'm not using Thunderbird, so I really don't
know that. But hard to believe that it does have no such option.

But if it does have such option, why not simply enabling it...?

Anyway, am I seeing it correct that the three-dash sig separator is not a
standard then, but just a sort of, hmm, workaround for DAUs (please don't
ask what a DAU is, too hard to explain ;-))?

Cheers,
--
Michael Heydekamp
Co-Admin freexp.de