[RCD] sig dashes broken in 1.0-git?

A.L.E.C alec at alec.pl
Fri Jun 7 08:32:00 CEST 2013

On 06/06/2013 08:45 PM, Michael Heydekamp wrote:
> uh, I must admit that this standard (?) with three sig dashes (without WSP)
> for top-posted replies is totally new to me, thanks for the input. Is this
> documented somewhere (RFCs)...? And what's the sense of and reason for it?

No standard, but everybody knows top-posting is evil. I don't want to
receive messages from top-posters with standard separator. We
(Roundcube) will not help to produce "broken" messages.

> My default setting is indeed top-posting, because most people I'm in touch
> with, are unfortunately not familiar with inline quoting. The problem is,

If they are not familiar with "standard" quoting, why do you care about
separator in mail sent to them?

> that, depending on the person I'm replying to, I do not always use
> top-posting. In those cases I'm moving the the sig to the bottom of the
> mail.

Aha. That I can understand, but this is another story (feature request).

--
Aleksander 'A.L.E.C' Machniak