[RCD] create folders from mail view

Phil Weir roundcube at tehinterweb.co.uk
Fri Jun 14 08:56:05 CEST 2013

Hi,

I have been looking into adding an option for quick folder creation from the
mail view. Something like adding a "create folder" option to the contextmenu
plugin. I think I remember some talk about this a little while ago but I
cannot find anything on the list. I think the UI would be similar to the one
used for adding groups in the addressbook.

At the moment the folder creation functions are heavily linked into the
folders settings page - sending AJAX requests to refresh it etc every time.
My idea is to move the code to create and update folders into separate
functions and then call those functions in save_folder.inc but also if would
allow other things like plugins to reuse the code.

Is this something that is interesting to people and more importantly
acceptable to the devs?

Thanks,

Phil