[RCD] create folders from mail view

A.L.E.C alec at alec.pl
Fri Jun 14 09:17:55 CEST 2013

On 06/14/2013 08:56 AM, Phil Weir wrote:

> I have been looking into adding an option for quick folder creation from the
> mail view. Something like adding a "create folder" option to the contextmenu
> plugin. I think I remember some talk about this a little while ago but I
> cannot find anything on the list. I think the UI would be similar to the one
> used for adding groups in the addressbook.

We have already some code implementing this provided by our partner.
This however requires some polishing and is not ready yet. I hope this
will be added before 1.0 release.

> At the moment the folder creation functions are heavily linked into the
> folders settings page - sending AJAX requests to refresh it etc every time.
> My idea is to move the code to create and update folders into separate
> functions and then call those functions in save_folder.inc but also if would
> allow other things like plugins to reuse the code.

My idea was to rewrite all step-files into classes. So we can simply use
the code in a cross-task way (and to simplify automated testing). We
shoudn't extend rcmail class more. I don't think I'll have time to do
this before 1.0.

--
Aleksander 'A.L.E.C' Machniak