[RCD] Text/HTML toggle

Michael Heydekamp listuser at freexp.de
Sat Mar 16 22:57:44 CET 2013

Missed a bit the latest RC developments, due to other tasks that I had to
follow during the last wekks/months. But just now I realize that we finally
have a Text/HTML toggle at the very right of the display of the subject
header line. Just great, thanks to all who have contributed to this!

Of course I tested it instantly, and found the following:

1) It seems to be stored somewhere which part had lastly been viewed for a
particular message, am I seeing this correct...? And if so, how and where is
this (safely) being stored? I'm wondering if RC shouldn't first and always
display the part according to the setting "Display HTML" under "Displaying
Messages" after selecting back and forth between messages (would look more
consistent to me)?

2) Toggling between Text and HTML part seems to work flawlessly (using the
icon at the right of the subject header).

3) But: Viewing the Text part, there is still the well-known link "HTML
message" below the header. Viewing the HTML part, opposed to this there is
(still) no correspondent link "Text message" below the header. Anyway, the
still existing link "HTML message" is sort of redundant to the toggle at the
right of the subject header. This should be more consistent (either showing
an additional link below the header always or never, no matter which part is
being viewed).

I would prefer a link below the header ONLY anyway (as the icon at the
right of the subject header is hard to detect and the text "HTML message" or
"Text message" is more user-friendly, better visible and better
understandable than those - pretty small - icons). Alternatively, both
toggles should exist. The least solution from my point of view would be to
have JUST these icons.

4) There is a problem when I'm viewing the Text part and click on the above
mentioned and still existing link "HTML message" below the header: The HTML
part is being displayed, but the display of the header disappears entirely
(see screenshot comparison attached).

5) At a first quick test, it seems that a reply does quote the part which
is currently being viewed. Is this correct and intentional? If so: Great!

Cheers,
--
Michael Heydekamp
Co-Admin freexp.de