[RCD] Top-posting and signature below the quote

Michael Heydekamp listuser at freexp.de
Thu Mar 21 21:59:32 CET 2013

Am 21.03.2013 09:40, schrieb A.L.E.C:

> According to short discussion in
> http://trac.roundcube.net/ticket/1489001 I see that it is possible to
> set top-posting with signature below the quote. It sounds confusing and
> useless.

ACK.

> Now when we have "When replying" option (reply_mode) I propose to remove
> "When replying or forwarding place signature" option (sig_above).
> Signature position should be always below the reply text (not the quote)
> and reply_mode already defines this position.
>
> reply_mode=0 -> reply below the quote with sig below the reply text
> reply_mode=1 -> reply above the quote with sig below the reply text
>
> Any objections?

Absolutely not, most appreciated! As long as it works this way:

reply_mode=0 (inline quoting):
------------------------------
intro template
[cursor position]
> quoted text
signature

reply_mode=1 (top posting):
---------------------------
[cursor position]
signature
intro template
> quoted text

And if you want to add something to the wishlist: I'd like to have such an
option in the addressbook (which will override any general option). I'm in
touch with the good ol' folks who are used to inline quoting, as well as
with the younger or not-so-experienced people who have grown up with top
posting.

Plus an option to select between a German/English/whatever intro template
per user. And to create an individual intro template at all...

Ok, that's too much to ask for in just one message. ;)

Cheers,
--
Michael Heydekamp
Co-Admin freexp.de