[RCD] Top-posting and signature below the quote

Michael Heydekamp listuser at freexp.de
Sun Mar 24 19:18:38 CET 2013

Am 23.03.2013 08:51, schrieb Manfred Usselmann:
> Am 22.03.2013 19:10, schrieb Michael Heydekamp:

> A typical inline quoting (at least how I've learned it in the mid-eighties
> in FidoNet and also later on in Usenet) doesn't place a full-reply below a
> full-quote, but it does look this way:
>
> -------------------
>
>> quote quote quote
>
> reply reply reply
>
>> quote quote quote
>
> reply reply reply
>
>> quote quote quote
>
> reply reply reply
> [...]
> -------------------
>
> That also means that paragraphs/lines the recipient doesn't need or want to
> reply to, shall be deleted.
>
> Yes, that's what I prefer as well. With RC 0.8.5 it doesn't work at all
> most of the time in HTML mode. When pressing enter, the blue line does not
> get interrupted. When I click on the block quote icon the blue line gets
> removed from a larger block, not only the lines I have inserted. Sometimes
> it does work though, but so far I have not been able to figure out what it
> depends on.

Although I fully support that this should work, HTML mail is a pain in the
ass anyway. If I'm looking alone at your mail I'm just responding to...

If I reply to the HTML part:

- the quote levels get confused (my text looks as if would have been written
by you, as it's the same quote level, see above),

- in my example of a typical inline quote there are additional blank lines
which were not there originally.

And the format of the text part is just too strange at all to use it for
quoting (I'll describe that in a later mail). Plus, even worse, that there
is text missing.

Cheers,
--
Michael Heydekamp