[RCD] Charset declaration and display of text attachments

Michael Heydekamp listuser at freexp.de
Mon Mar 25 00:32:20 CET 2013

Am 24.03.2013 22:44, schrieb Michael Heydekamp:

> Looking at the HTML source of RC's output, it appears that RC is using UTF-8
> no matter what when displaying text files (unless the charset is declared,
> this needs still to be tested).

Done: I managed to alter the original message with a correct charset
declaration and to import it as a separate message into my test folder with
the following CT header:

>  name="CP437 (plain).txt"

Indeed, the display is now totally different, but still not correct (see
image attached).

Despite the now existent charset declaration, the HTML source of the output
is still saying:

Hmm, shouldn't that now read "CP437" rather than "UTF-8"?

So it appears that RC does not only have no facility to declare a charset of
an attached text file, but it does also not respect a correctly declared
charset of such a file.

Cheers,
--
Michael Heydekamp