[RCD] Another issue: Quote levels get lost?? (was: Word/line wrapping routine)

Michael Heydekamp listuser at freexp.de
Thu May 2 23:18:51 CEST 2013

Reading my own message that I just sent to this list and which is quoted
below, I couldn't trust my eyes: The different quote levels have been
reduced to just one and the same quote level, so it reads as if the entire
quoted text would have been written by me. To illustrate - rather than...

(start)

>>> Sure. But my impression is that in 1.0 a complete new word/line wrap routine
>>> has been implemented. Is this impression correct?
>>
>> The same code is available in 0.9.
>
> Because the new wrapping routine has been backported to 0.9...?
>
> As long as I was using 0.9-git, I didn't have all those wrapping issues I
> described in my recent messages. Except a specific counting problem which I
> still need to test with the current routine.

(end, note that these are four different quote levels!)

...it's now looking this way:

(start)

> Regressions just sometimes happen.
>
> Sure. But my impression is that in 1.0 a complete new word/line wrap routine
> has been implemented. Is this impression correct?
>
> The same code is available in 0.9.
>
> Because the new wrapping routine has been backported to 0.9...?
>
> As long as I was using 0.9-git, I didn't have all those wrapping issues I
> described in my recent messages. Except a specific counting problem which I
> still need to test with the current routine.

(end)

(BTW: I'm using these "(start)" and "(end)" indicators, as dashed lines may
currently cause problems, see my previous message.)

This is how to replicate the quote level issue:

1) Reply to my message of April 27th, 22:02 local time.
2) Save it as a draft.
3) Click on the "Cancel" button.
4) Go to the Drafts folder and view the message.
5) All different quote levels have been reduced to just one.

I'm not even sure if I can now send THIS message without losing the quote
levels again, as this message has been saved during composing as a draft as
well (and just looking at the draft in a separate window, the different
quote levels are indeed gone again).

Hmm... Probably I should paste this message to the clipboard, compose it
again and click on the "Send now" button before Roundcube does even have the
chance to save it as a draft? Yeah, I'm gonna try that.

But strange this, uh....? Is this another result of the new wrapping
routine, or something else? I'm using [GIT 20130502.2041].

Cheers,
--
Michael Heydekamp
Co-Admin freexp.de