[RCD] How to switch from folder to message pane with a keystroke?

Michael Heydekamp listuser at freexp.de
Fri May 3 01:44:26 CEST 2013

Am 02.05.2013 20:45, schrieb A.L.E.C:
> On 05/02/2013 08:41 PM, Michael Heydekamp wrote:

>> Click on any folder, and then instantly press Cursor-down or Cursor-up. Can
>> you then scroll through the messages in ALL folders? I can't, except:
>>
>> Yesterday it worked for me only in the INBOX, currently it works for me only
>> in the folder where the messages of this mailing list are being stored.
>>
>> Apparently the rule is: It works only in the folder where you did lastly
>> click with the mouse on a message. The great thing is that in this
>> particular folder you are even starting the scrolling from the message which
>> was the last viewed/clicked message of this folder. Unfortunately, it
>> doesn't work at all in all other folders.
>>
>> But that's a minor issue to me (as long as the mouse behaviour in IE8 will
>> again and soon be solved).
>
> They might be related. See http://trac.roundcube.net/ticket/1489058.

That's another and different issue/scenario. Yours is:

> 1. select a message on the list
> 2. click in preview pane (or in another element out of the messages list)
> 3. now, I want to use arrow keys to move to next message, so I click on the
>    currently selected message row to bring focus back on the list
> 4. observe that keyboard actions on the list doesn't work.

First of all, this works for me with IE8 (see
http://trac.roundcube.net/ticket/1489058#comment:3), so I can't see any
issue here. Second, step 3. is exactly the one I wanted to avoid because of
the strange reaction of IE8 when clicking on a message (which isn't an issue
anymore after you reverted the fix).

My scenario is:

> 1. Click on any folder.
> 2. Press the Cursor-up/-down key (or arrow key, as you call it) to scroll
>    through the message list.

This does work only in the folder where you did lastly click with the mouse
on a message. I'm not sure if this is intentional (and if Roundcube has any
intention at all in this situation), but that's the way it currently works.

Ideally, it should work in all folders. But I'm not sure if this is possible
at all.

Cheers,
--
Michael Heydekamp