[RCD] Different handling (displaying/quoting) of quoted paragraphs

Michael Heydekamp listuser at freexp.de
Thu May 9 20:21:40 CEST 2013

Am 09.05.2013 20:08, schrieb A.L.E.C:
> On 05/09/2013 08:03 PM, Michael Heydekamp wrote:

>> Right! And BTW: Is the blank at the end of line of any importance/meaning in
>> quoted paragraphs?
>
> Yes, they are part of format=flowed standard. Space at end of line means
> "no real line break here".

Ok, I wasn't sure if that applies to (the quote of already) quoted
paragraphs as well.

But then we may have another issue in 1.0-git - as I wrote yesterday
(related to quoted paragraphs only, of course):

> The message you are currently reading will not have these trailing blanks,
> as Roundcube 1.0-git does eliminate all trailing blanks prior to an EOL upon
> sending (no matter if the format is flowed or not).

At least this is what I believe to have seen when I tested with
format=flowed yesterday. If that is true, 1.0-git would break the flowed
format - at least with quoted paragraphs.

Anyway, I'll test again and will report.

But which brings me back to my ancient request, that this setting (as well
as the line length) should be user-configurable. It's a bit of an annoyance
to always change the server-wide config just to run a flowed/non-flowed
test. Plus that the user can't decide which format he wants to use and that
he has to live with my personal preference (non-flowed). ;-)

Cheers,
--
Michael Heydekamp
Co-Admin freexp.de