[RCD] Update 0.9.1 released

Cor Bosman cor at xs4all.nl
Tue May 21 11:41:26 CEST 2013

> the system would be much more scalable and is much
> more scalable with *not* using MySQL for storing
> sessions and RC is performance wise the weakest
> part of the whole infrastructure

You probably have a different view of what it means to be scalable than the rest of the world. Scalable means you can add more servers to handle the load. Using a ramdisk is about the least scalable thing you can do. It's great for performance, not so great for scalability.

>> - no session file locking (parallel requests do not wait)
>
> and no integrity and cleanups or how do you explain me the
> 5000 records in the session table on a server with a few
> users after some months?

I have no such issues. Our session table looks sane to me. My oldest session entries are 5 days old.

Cor