[RCD] Keyboard navigation "fixes"

Charles McNulty charles at charlesmcnulty.com
Fri Nov 1 03:46:21 CET 2013

On 2013-10-31 15:12, A.L.E.C wrote:

> After some more thinking... Current Roundcube behavior is even better.
> Allows to open a message (in preview frame) with space bar. I opt to
> not
> change this behavior.

Just so I understand your use-case, you're talking about navigating with
the arrow keys with the control keys down until you get to a message you
want to preview, at which time you release the control key and press the
space bar, which - because only a single message is selected - allows
you to preview that message.  If we modeled the Thunderbird behavior,
the new message would be selected, but existing messages would also be
selected, which means that the preview would not open.

Assuming I understand that correctly, I completely agree with you. I
don't see any utility in Thunderbird's behavior of "previewing" multiple
emails, and because we have more overhead than Thunderbird does in
to prevent loading the messages between the one you're currently reading
and the one you want to read!

Now to experiment with some Selenium tests!

-Charles

--
Sent using Roundcube
http://roundcube.net/