[RCD] Problems with sending messages IE8/1.0-git (Javascript error)

Michael Heydekamp listuser at freexp.de
Sat Nov 23 22:52:26 CET 2013

Am 21.11.2013 18:47, schrieb A.L.E.C:
> On 11/21/2013 03:25 PM, A.L.E.C wrote:
>
>> Array.prototype.indexOf is not implemented on IE<9. I suppose we can
>> just use $.inArray() here. Thomas?
>>
> Confirmed. Fixed.

Fix confirmed from here as well, thanks.

Curious question: When you stumble across such issues, are you checking the
entire source for other occurrences of the same thing (here:
Array.prototype.indexOf)? Or may IE8 users still be running into similar
problems in different scenarios and situations, because
Array.prototype.indexOf may still be used here and there...?

BTW: I just accidentally stumbled across this problem as I was trying to
send a message from a machine in the company still running WinXP (where IE8
is the latest possible IE version). On my new private Win7/64 laptop IE10
was pre-installed, so I don't have the chance anymore to run that many tests
and make daily experiences with IE8.

I know that you can't test all browsers and their different versions after
each commit, but you should keep a special eye on IE8 - at least as long as
RC wants to support it.

Cheers,
--
Michael Heydekamp