[RCD] focused messages - dotted outline

Charles McNulty charles at charlesmcnulty.com
Wed Oct 30 17:57:52 CET 2013

On 2013-10-30 07:52, A.L.E.C wrote:
> On 10/23/2013 11:10 PM, Charles McNulty wrote:
>
>> To see what I mean, you can insert the following style into
>> styles.css:
>>
>>     .records-table tr.focused {
>>         outline:1px dotted black;
>>         outline-offset: -1px;
>>     }
>
> Works for me in FF, Chrome and Opera. However,
>
> 1. It looks good for unselected messages. I'm not sure I like when
> 'selected' message has the outline, that's why

Agreed completely the browsers are inconsistent when applying the
outline to a TR, and of course not even IE10 supports outline-offset.

> 2. We should consider using font-style:italic or maybe better different
> background-color instead outline, but be aware of selected+focused
> style.

Agreed - it's not ideal, but I think it's the best option given browser
implementation of outline.  Personally, I think a different background
color would be better than an italicized font.

> 3. Messages list in classic skin does not use .records-table class. So,
> some more changes needed.

Good catch, it looks like CSS could use either #messagelist or
.messagelist both of which are shared across skins.  Or records-table
could be applied to the table in the default skin.

--
Sent using Roundcube
http://roundcube.net/