[RCD] Keyboard navigation "fixes"

A.L.E.C alec at alec.pl
Thu Oct 31 20:45:44 CET 2013

On 10/31/2013 08:35 PM, Michael Heydekamp wrote:

> - Novell NetWare (e.g. salvage)
> - Norton Commander
> - Total Commander
> - CrossPoint/FreeXP ;)
> - WinSCP
> - and many more which I currently don't recall
>
> ...just require the space bar to be pressed, without Ctrl or anything else.
>
>> Of course there might be slightly more Outlook/Thunderbird users than
>> Commander users. :)

Actually in Thunderbird space bar without Ctrl also works but only for
selection, un-selection requires Ctrl + space.

> But that's not the point: The point is that the majority of people getting
> the idea to select something with the space bar at all, are from my point of
> view more familiar with space bar only rather than with ctrl+space.

To use a spacebar you need to jump to a record first and this can be
done only with Ctrl, if you already know that Ctrl is needed for move
you should easily find out that Ctrl is needed for spacebar too.

--
Aleksander 'A.L.E.C' Machniak