[RCD] Codebase cleanup, PSR-1/2 compliance - and before you say no, I'm offering to do the work

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Wed Sep 11 20:06:22 CEST 2013

Am 11.09.2013 20:00, schrieb Thomas Bruederli:
> On Tue, Sep 10, 2013 at 7:35 PM, A.L.E.C <alec at alec.pl> wrote:
>> On 09/06/2013 01:52 PM, Thomas Bruederli wrote:
>>> * Javascript: opening brace for anonymous functions are on the same
>>> line. No space between 'function' and brackets.
>>
>> I'd add that I prefer
>>
>> function() {
>>
>> over
>>
>> function(){
>
> I actually meant function() vs. function ()
>
> And I'm definitely on your side for what you just proposed

what i personally *never* understood is why the whole world is writing
one of both unreadable code-styles at all

function()
{
 if(whatever)
 {
  do that;
 }
 else
 {
  do the other;
 }
}

is *much* more readable than a dumb "function(){" with or without space
and if you ever had some medical operations on your eyes you may
understand what i mean and agree