[RCD] Formatting

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Wed Sep 11 23:58:22 CEST 2013

Am 11.09.2013 23:09, schrieb Michael Heydekamp:
> Am 11.09.2013 20:06, schrieb Reindl Harald:
>
>> what i personally *never* understood is why the whole world is writing
>> one of both unreadable code-styles at all
>
> And I'd wish that some day a discussion about formatting the *body* of a
> Roundcube message (which does affect all Roundcube users plus their
> recipients) would get the same attention as a discussion about formatting
> the Roundcube *code* (which does affect almost no Roundcube users nor their
> recipients at all).
>
> But the former discussion had been actively dropped after just a few
> messages. The discussion about formatting the code deserved 66 messages up
> to now, and there may still be more to come.

how many raw-messages do you want to prove you that roundcube
currently has *far* the best message renderer of all mail-clients?

frankly, i have enough broken messages where Apple Mail and even
Tunderbird does not show any char (white mail) while Roundcube
shows the quote and the answer perfectly

so what is your exactly problem except border-cases which seem
to be a large problem for you - work upstream in a mailserver
developemtn (only debugging without coding) and you realize
how complex e-mail is at the end of the day