[RCD] Formatting

Michael Heydekamp listuser at freexp.de
Thu Sep 12 20:38:40 CEST 2013

Am 11.09.2013 23:58, schrieb Reindl Harald:
> Am 11.09.2013 23:09, schrieb Michael Heydekamp:

>> And I'd wish that some day a discussion about formatting the *body* of a
>> Roundcube message (which does affect all Roundcube users plus their
>> recipients) would get the same attention as a discussion about formatting
>> the Roundcube *code* (which does affect almost no Roundcube users nor their
>> recipients at all).
>>
>> But the former discussion had been actively dropped after just a few
>> messages. The discussion about formatting the code deserved 66 messages up
>> to now, and there may still be more to come.
>
> how many raw-messages do you want to prove you that roundcube
> currently has *far* the best message renderer of all mail-clients?

None, as I'm not talking about rendering/displaying incoming messages. And
as Roundcube is almost perfect in this regard, this is one of a major number
of reasons why I'm using it.

I'm talking about formatting messages upon composing/quoting instead.

> so what is your exactly problem

The last time I tried to point to a problem with regards to body formatting
upon composing/replying in this list, I got just one response: "Sorry, I'll
not read this, I'm also a little bit tired about this." (May 10th, 2013)

So I decided not to bother the devs anymore with these issues. Code
formatting issues seem to be more important (at least they deserved 18
white space more or less is of importance apparently (although the relevance
to the user is not even close to zero, but exactly zero).

So be it. I have to accept that, and just sit and wait.

> and you realize how complex e-mail is at the end of the day

As I have been the maintainer of a MUA (DOS/16) myself, you can trust me
that I'm more than aware of that.

Cheers,
--
Michael Heydekamp