[RCD] preferences tab/section

Thomas Bruederli thomas at roundcube.net
Sat Sep 14 11:49:54 CEST 2013

Cor Bosman wrote:
> Hey all, I'm wondering if there are some docs that explain how to create a new tab for preferences, where if you click on the tab, you get a listbox where multiple plugins could register for a row. Basically imitating how the settings-tab works. Ideally the plugins would not have to worry about the tab, but could just register their own section on that tab.

For creating a new tab, use the container object named "tabs" to append
content either using PHP or javascript. Look at existing plugins such as
managesieve [1] or passwords [2].

The general settings tab already provides a hook to add more section:
'preferences_sections_list' [3].

If I understood correctly you want to add another tab that would offer a
similar hook for plugins to register settings? This doesn't make sense to
me because that already exists.

Kind regards,
Thomas

[1] http://trac.roundcube.net/browser/github/plugins/managesieve/managesieve.js