[RCD] searching

Cor Bosman cor at xs4all.nl
Sun Aug 17 16:47:27 CEST 2014

Hey all, im playing with searching and an FTS enabled mail server (dovecot) with 1.2 million emails. This works very well. But i wish there was a way to allow the full power of imap searching in roundcube. Roundcube only seems to allow a very limited set.

For instance, in dovecot I can do:   SEARCH FROM COR TO ROUNDCUBE BODY FOOBAR

This will give me all emails matching From:*cor* , To:*roundcube* where anywhere in the body it says foobar. And with FTS lucene engine this is fast :)

Would it be an idea to allow the keyword raw, so you could say in the roundcube search box:  raw:FROM COR TO ROUNDCUBE BODY FOOBAR  , which passes that search string unaltered to the backend imap server?

Cor