[RCD] Message compose Zen mode

Thomas Bruederli thomas at roundcube.net
Wed Aug 20 17:34:27 CEST 2014

On Wed, Aug 20, 2014 at 4:30 PM, A.L.E.C <alec at alec.pl> wrote:
> On 08/20/2014 10:50 AM, Cor Bosman wrote:
>> Am I supposed to be able to change the subject? I cant seem to activate it so I can type there.

True. It is displayed there to remind you what message you're
currently writing but currently isn't editable.

> I also found it confusing. I think there should be only body editing
> area, no other fields. That will be also in sync with HTML editor
> fullscreen mode.

So you suggest to remove the subject? I was rather considering making
it editable, too.

>> It's not immediately clear where im supposed to click to type the body, once it loses focus...
>
> In my opinion there should be only message body area and it should be in
> full page width and height (except small toolbar for buttons).
>
>> Is it supposed to stay within a relatively small area in the center of the screen? I have a large monitor...

The thing about the width is that writing (and copy reading!) over a
wide area is not very comfortable. Therefore the width of the zen mode
test area is still limited. I suppose outlining the text area should
clarify things. Finally, the zen mode is more meant for those users
with small screens.

> No, I think we should not do "real" fullscreen, but the area should fit
> browser window size.

I agree to that.

~Thomas