[RCD] Error on Moving/Copying messages from INBOX to nested folders within INBOX; works from INBOX to other Top_Level folders

Admin DC admin at retsedge.org
Fri Aug 22 02:37:05 CEST 2014

Hello,

I first tried posting this with my gmail and didn't see it showing up on
the archive. So I wanted to make sure this went through so I used a
non-free email domain.

If I created a duplicate thread I apologize.

Now on to the issue at hand.

We just oddly started experiencing this issue. We've spent quite a bit
of time troubleshooting with logging increased on both our IMAP servers
(Debian Wheezy 7.6 64bit with dovecot vers 2.1.7-7+deb7u1 )

I am absolutely able to reproduce this on numerous accts, even with
logging up to 8 we do not see any "ERROR" or any reason why the copy and
expunge would fail.

Our production copy of webmail was older (0.9-rc), so I suspected
possibly it was a bug or something wrong with that version, so we
created a "ourwebmail-new.foo.com" domain and do an inplace upgrade on
our database (to preserve our address book and other client info), with
no issues on upgrade to v 1.0.2

Currently we have been diffing a successful copy/move and an
unsuccessful copy/move and just cant figure out what's going on

To sum up:

INBOX to SOME_RANDOM_FOLDER has copy/move WORKING
INBOX to SUB_FOLDER_OF_INBOX simply says "An Error Occurred: Could not
move the message(s).

Here's our adjustments on the config.inc.php for the new 1.0.2 version:

# cat config.inc.php|egrep '^\$config'
$config['db_dsnw'] = 'mysql://xxx:xxx@localhost/xxx';
$config['default_host'] = 'localhost';
$config['default_port'] = 1143;
$config['smtp_server'] = 'smtp.xxx.com';
$config['support_url'] = 'http://www.xxx.com/xxx/';
$config['des_key'] = 'xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx';
$config['product_name'] = 'webmail';
$config['plugins'] = array();
$config['language'] = 'en';
$config['spellcheck_engine'] = 'pspell';
$config['draft_autosave'] = 180;
$config['enable_installer'] = false;
$config['debug_level'] = 8;
$config['log_driver'] = 'file';
$config['log_date_format'] = 'd-M-Y H:i:s O';
$config['syslog_id'] = 'roundcube';
$config['syslog_facility'] = LOG_USER;
$config['per_user_logging'] = false;
$config['smtp_log'] = true;
$config['log_logins'] = false;
$config['log_session'] = false;
$config['sql_debug'] = false;
$config['imap_debug'] = true;
$config['imap_ns_personal'] = '';

Note: we tested with an imap email client (thunderbird) and could
successfully copy/move within IMAP

Please let me know if there's any other information I can share.