[RCD] URLs with 8bit chars?

A.L.E.C alec at alec.pl
Sun Feb 23 13:09:26 CET 2014

On 02/22/2014 01:35 PM, Thomas Bruederli wrote:
> Thus, I'm sorry but this is strictly a sender issue and in this case
> you'd need to manually copy the URL and paste it to your browser's
> location bar. You might argue that FF supports these URLs and you're
> right. But unlike Roundcube, FF understands the entire string to be an
> URL and doesn't need to "find" it within a random text. Therefore FF
> can accept any string of characters. But also FF first converts it
> into proper URL encoded characters before it actually sends the URL to
> the server.

However, Thunderbird is able to recognize such URLs in plain text
messages. So, doing the same in Roundcube is not unreasonable. Also, we
already support unicode in domain names, why not in the rest of the URL?

So, the place in the code to look at is the rcube_string_replacer class.
If anyone provides a patch with a set of test scripts I'll be for
accepting that addition. Feel free to open a ticket.

--
Aleksander 'A.L.E.C' Machniak