[RCD] contextmenu plugin new version - cal for testers and feedback

Arne Berglund aberglund at lesd.k12.or.us
Wed Feb 26 00:28:32 CET 2014

On 2014-02-23 05:35, Phil Weir wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> I am rewriting my contextmenu plugin. The current version is suffering
> from
> being old code which has just been added too over and over.
>
> The new version has a couple of big changes from the old one: firstly
> the
> new code is much more efficient - so it doesn't affect loading times so
> much. The other is that the context menu is generated from toolbars and
> links in the UI - everything is client side now.
>
> I think this is good because it means the context menu uses the same
> functions as the core for popup menus and the folder selector, no code
> duplication. It also means that there is less styling and things like
> that
> for me to do and items added to the toolbar by other plugins will
> automatically show up in the context menu.
>
> If you are interested please try out the new version (it requires
> Roundcube
> v1.0-RC or git-master) available here
> https://github.com/JohnDoh/Roundcube-Plugin-Context-Menu/archive/devel-v2.zi
> p and let me know what you think or if you find any problems. All
> feedback
> is welcome.

Phil, further testing seems to show that there are significant issues in
Safari 7.0.x (Mac OS 10.9) with mouse-event detection and behavior,
primarily in the messagelist. Folder list seems less problematic. Things
like submenu requiring a second click (not expanding on mouseover), and
orphaned menus hanging out after the action has taken place.

--
Arne Berglund
System Administrator, Internet Services