[RCD] Advice on sharing modified plugins

Arne Berglund aberglund at lesd.k12.or.us
Mon May 12 21:27:01 CEST 2014

Greetings all,

I've just installed v.1.0.1 today, which reminded me that I've got a
slightly modified plugin that is based on a rather old version. It's a
password plugin with a strength test built in. It's based on the default
password plugin, but from several releases back. I would like to
incorporate the strength test into the latest password plugin rather
than keep moving this old code forward. Also, I believe it is a useful
addition, and I'd like to share it with others who might also find it
useful.

But the reality is that I'm not really a true developer. I don't really
know what I'm doing. I can more or less read PHP and javascript and
figure out what it is doing, and sometimes I can through trial and error
make the changes I want. So even though my modified plugin continues to
work OK even in the latest releases, I think it would be a good idea to
have someone who really knows what he/she is doing to look over my
changes. How should I go about this? Any volunteers to check out my
additions and pull them into the current codebase?

--
Arne Berglund
System Administrator, Internet Services