[RCD] Image resizing - Memory exhaustion

A.L.E.C alec at alec.pl
Sat May 17 11:34:32 CEST 2014

On 05/14/2014 07:45 PM, Rosali wrote:
> Allowed memory size of 67108864 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 19276
> bytes) in
> /var/***masked***/roundcubemail-1.0.1/program/lib/Roundcube/rcube_image.php
> on line 164
>
> Result: Image display fails.
>
> IMO there should be a check/limitation not to pass large images to GD.
> Do any others have such issues?

Yes. Maybe we could calculate somehow memory requirement of the image
and skip conversion or add a configuration option specifying max image
size. In both cases if we skip image conversion we should probably
display some nice fallback thumbnail image.

ps. You can configure Roundcube to use ImageMagick instead of GD.

--
Aleksander 'A.L.E.C' Machniak