[RCD] Roundcube session management

Cor Bosman cor at xs4all.nl
Thu May 22 09:34:20 CEST 2014

On 22 May 2014, at 08:52, Rosali <myroundcube at mail4us.net> wrote:

>> Roundcube starts a session even if a user is not logged in. Is it really
>> necessary? IMO, it isn't.
>
> A background information: I run several cron jobs which are using Roundcube's startup hook. Starting the session on 'startup' blows up the session table dramatically. If you need to start the session before the user authenticated then I'd like to ask if it is possible to a param (f.e. &_nosess=1) not to start the session.

I posted about this in 2012. Another important reason not to start sessions on startup is loadbalancer health checks. We have 17 roundcube servers all being health checked every few seconds on the same session table. Im now doing health checks on a deep link into the apache process so rc isnt being touched, but that way I cant really be certain rc is working.

Cor