[RCD] How to pass cookies or session from roundcube webmail to other application

Thomas Bruederli thomas at roundcube.net
Sat Feb 7 17:48:58 CET 2015

On Fri, Feb 6, 2015 at 11:26 PM, Avinash P <avinashp12015 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>     I have to pass session or cookis from roundcube webmail to chat
> application for currently login users

In order to get a sophisticated answer to your question, you should
come up with a more detailed description of what you're trying to do
and what you have so far.

In general, session cookies are bound to the hostname but can be
extended to the entire domain using the $config['session_domain']
config option in Roundcube. If the session cookie reaches the server
of your chat application, you can re-use Roundcube sessions by reading
them from the same database where Roundcube stores its data. But as
said, if you expect a more specific response, we need more details to
help you.

Kind regards,
Thomas