[RCD] Improving Round Cube Framework.

Thomas Bruederli thomas at roundcube.net
Wed Feb 11 21:48:14 CET 2015

On Wed, Feb 11, 2015 at 5:41 PM, Rodrigo Santellan <rsantellan at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I believe that round cube is the best web mail client.
>
> After a lot of research I found out of the Round Cube Framework. My problem
> now is that I want to include a the framework in a web site that I have.

Great!

> My problem is that I'm using namespaces and for what I see I have lot of
> problems importing it.

Although our codebase doesn't use namespaces, that shouldn't be a
problem when including it. It's being used in some other projects
along with namespaced classes and Composer modules, for example in
http://git.kolab.org/iRony/ or http://git.kolab.org/kolab-freebusy/.

Simply include bootstrap.php in your main script and the Roundcube
framework will register its own autoloader to load framework classes.
You'll find an example in [1].

> Is there a place where I can make a fork of only the framework to change it
> to use namespaces?

Unfortunately not. You'd need to clone the entire roundcubemail
repository and just symlink program/lib/Roundcube into your project
directory.

We considered extracting the framework into a separate repository so
but since Roundcube webmail is almost the only active user of it,
maintaining the codebase in different repositories would only make our
daily work more complicated and code changes harder to track. But with
an increasing interest in the framework, we might change that
eventually.

Best,
Thomas

[1] http://git.kolab.org/iRony/tree/public_html/index.php#n56