[RCD] Attachment names

Andrea Brancatelli abrancatelli at schema31.it
Thu Nov 12 12:12:05 CET 2015

Hello,

sometimes our users report that their attachment filename are being
butchered by Roundcube. We haven't been able to track down to a specific
case, but I think this is somehow related to the filename having some
extended character.

We tried to reproduce it but I think it only happens with Windows, and
we don't have windows machines here :)

This is an example of how some filenames arrive into roundcube:

UTF-8''ALLEGATO_4_Ufficio_Legislativo_Trasporti_Parere_n_%200.gif

UTF-8''Delitti%20contro%20l%27ambiente%20-%20temi%20dell%27at

For what it's worth, we did some investigation and the problem is not in
the mail composition part, it's in the upload parsing part - in fact we
have a plugin hooked on the upload handling and the upload() function is
receiving $args['path'] already broken.

Do you have any hint?

Thanks.
--