[RCD] Sieve filters with multiple vacation commands

A.L.E.C alec at alec.pl
Wed Sep 16 08:12:59 CEST 2015

On 09/15/2015 10:30 PM, Stephan Bosch wrote:
> http://www.dovecot.org/list/dovecot/2015-September/101954.html
>
> I am the developer of Dovecot's Sieve interpreter and I am a bit
> surprised by the Sieve code that Roundcube allegedly produces. Is this
> really what Roundcube does when there are multiple concurrent
> alternative vacation responses?

Hi Stephan! Roundcube 'managesieve' plugin always uses 'if' statements,
but it is indeed possible to generate e.g.

if true {
    vacation...
}
if true {
    vacation...
}

I'm not sure what we can do about it. I mean detecting such cases would
be hard. We could probably do not allow another vacation action with the
same if statement, but we can't handle all possible misuses.

ps. there's also 'sieverules' plugin which may handle this in a
different way, I don't know.

--
Aleksander 'A.L.E.C' Machniak
Kolab Groupware Developer        [http://kolab.org]