[RCD] S/MIME encryption and signing plugin

Владимир Горпенко vgo at stels.ru
Tue Jan 12 15:15:53 CET 2016

Hello!

------ Исходное сообщение ------
От: "A.L.E.C" <alec �� alec.pl>
Кому: dev �� lists.roundcube.net
Отправлено: 11.01.2016 13:39:37
Тема: Re: [RCD] S/MIME encryption and signing plugin

>>  I think that it isn't enough to study only those places where the new
>>  code is directly built in. It is necessary to know the general
>>structure
>>  and functioning of an Enigma. And for this purpose it is necessary to
>>  study some thousands of lines of a code of which it consists. I can't
>>  make it.
>
>I'm sure it's not so bad ;) At least for the most of work we need.

I fluently saw enigma_driver.php. If I correctly understand, you suggest
to make the driver for S/MIME.

I have some questions.

1. Processing of the message is entirely made in memory? And if message
is very big? Is ciphered and subscribes not only the text of the
message, but also the attached files.

2. If I correctly understood, the driver processes only a message body.
But it is also necessary to work with headers - to remove one, to add
others. How it is offered to be realized?

3. php openssl works with private keys and certificates. And the driver
receives only keys. Whether it is possible to build in this scheme work
with certificates?

4. The certificate can be attached to the received message. It can be
kept by the recipient for further use. It can be done in the existing
scheme?

5. The certificate attached to the signed message can be invalid or not
entrusted. For verification of the power of attorney of the certificate
the base of the entrusted CA is necessary. It can be realized in the
driver?

Perhaps, I not completely understood ideology of drivers and everything
is simpler, than it seemed to me. In that case I apologize.

Best regards,
     Vladimir Gorpenko