[RCD] pgp encryption

devotedmystic . devotedmystic at gmail.com
Mon Jan 18 10:18:31 CET 2016

I need some time to build all the tests again.

Anyway, if you send an encrypted message to yourself, you will see that
only a plain text message without attachments works (do the test with
signature included). You see the green squared message that it was
decrypted, and the decrypted text.

Any other combination (html, attachments) fails to decrypt and you get a
blank page.

The main issue with parsing the correct content type is the "^" character,
which failed on my system. Maybe, Debian systems expect just a "\n" and
instead the files also contain "\r". There is no issue removing the "^" and
all works.

The issue with attachments is that the wrong (incomplete) mime_id was
passed. Thus, decryption hung and you saw again the blank page. That's why
I updated with the "1.2" value, which is the usual position of the text
when there are attachments, and all worked. I saw this printing the
structure of the message and comparing it to a text plain email without
attachment.

Last, if the message contained a signature, it displayed the usual blank
page again, because Roundcube parser does not take into account signatures.
So you need to remove it from the body before passing it to Roundcube
functions.

That's it.

Further issues that I did not fix:

-When you send something different from a non text plain message without
attachments, but with a signature, even before you are asked to enter the
password you get a yellow message of failed signature because of wrong
password. Obviously, the call to the signature function is done before
asking for the password, in the wrong place.
-The signature is not verified/managed in case of html messages or messages
without attachments (must be implemented).
-As it happens in mailvelope, I would expect to see a downloadable
signature as an attachment in Roundcube display. Currently, aside saying
that the signature was verified in text plain messages without attachments,
it is not possible to see/download the signature.