[RCD] Accessing Mailvelope Keyring

Kyle Francis franck6 at rpi.edu
Sat Jul 9 00:29:53 CEST 2016

I just started playing around with the Mailvelope support in v1.2 and I
it looks quite nice.  I wasn't aware that Mailvelope now supports adding
attachements and that was a pleasant surprise.

In attempting to implement the hybrid PGP decryption model (decrypting
the session key in the client and passing the session key back to the
server for full decryption) I was hoping to tap into the mailvelope
keyring as I figure it will be more secure in terms of storage than
attempting to write my own using openpgp.js.  I see where mailvelope is
loaded in app.js and "this" refers to an instance of rcube_webmail.
However, from the plugin space (i.e. enigma.js) the "this" class is of
type rcmail and notably "this" does not contain the previously
initialized "mailvelope_keyring".

Since my javascript fu is not as strong as my php fu, would anyone be
able to point me in the right direction of how to access the
mailvelope_keyring from inside the plugin space, specifically enigma.js?

-Kyle