[RCD] Enigma S/MIME support

A.L.E.C alec at alec.pl
Thu May 19 08:37:18 CEST 2016

On 05/19/2016 01:31 AM, Kyle Francis wrote:
> For signing and encrypting openssl_pkcs7_sign/encrypt return fully encoded text
> files that are ready to be sent by a mail agent, whereas the message_ready hook
> is looking for a Mail_mime object.

That's unfortunate. However, if you'd like to sign+encrypt you'll still
need to "parse" the message (split headers and body at least), right?

> What would be the recommended course, either parse the file to create a
> Mail_mime object, or would there be a way to pass along the fully mail agent
> ready text from opening_pkcs7?

For PGP we replace Mail_mime with our wrapper enigma_mime_message, so
all logic should be put there. The most important method is get(). I
don't see a reason why it wouldn't work. You should start in
enigma_engine::sign_message() and encrypt_message(), but you probably
saw them already.

--
Aleksander 'A.L.E.C' Machniak
Kolab Groupware Developer        [http://kolab.org]