[RCD] GB2312, ISO-2022-KR and other problems

Vladimir Gorpenko vgo at stels.ru
Fri Sep 23 17:05:28 CEST 2016

A.L.E.C писал 2016-09-23 12:25:
> On 23.09.2016 11:07, Vladimir Gorpenko wrote:

>> By the way, whether can two RCube on different servers use the same
>> SQL
>> base (Postgres)?
>
> Sure you can, but on a working system it might be hard to switch. There
> should be no problems if you start with empty database.

My servers are the virtual machines, I just clone them. Then, of course,
I change IP and a name. The original server and a clone use the same SQL
base, of course. Whether there is  a danger in such approach?

>> In RoundCube log.
>> In Apache error log there are many notices like this:
>>  [notice] child pid 2315 exit signal Segmentation fault (11)
>> and nothing else.
>
> That's it. In most such cases this is caused by some PHP bug. It's hard
> to investigate these.

I went some other way. I put updates by parts. Eventually it was
clarified that operation of RC is broken in case of updating of group of
packages glibc*. I don't know what with it can be made farther. So far I
forbade updating of these packages. Then, maybe, I will invent
something.

All other packages was updated, including httpd and php*. The problem
with GB2312 remained. Probably, now it is necessary to deal with RC
diagnostics.

Best regards,
    Vladimir Gorpenko