[RCD] GB2312, ISO-2022-KR

Vladimir Gorpenko vgo at stels.ru
Mon Sep 26 22:41:48 CEST 2016

Something managed to be clarified. Perhaps, it will be interesting.

If you remember, I have two servers, will call them W and T. T normally
opens letters in these codings, W shows something like the Arab
characters.

1. In case of conversion of the codings RC at first tries to use iconv.
As iconv(php) is an interface to the linux utility iconv, it doesn't
work at the server W where chroot is used. On the T server iconv
transforms both of these codings normally.

2. In the second queue  RC tries to apply mbstring to conversion of
codings. Mbstring, apparently, doesn't understand GB2312 (GBK), but
understands ISO-2022-KR. Nevertheless, mbstring also doesn't work at W
server. I think, the reason is also somehow connected to chroot.

I suppose, RC has problems with different codings by operation under
chroot. Though I still hope to set up operation of iconv and mbstring.

--
Best regards,
    Vladimir Gorpenko