[RCD] Roundcube iPhone app urgently needed

Rimas Kudelis rq at akl.lt
Mon Aug 7 20:17:46 CEST 2017

Hi Adventurer,

2017.08.07 17:42, Adventurer wrote:

> The responses so far seem either irrelevant or insulting.  Again,
> asking for iOS Roundcube-app or mobile-friendly
> Roundcube-login-website to access mail stored on one’s host server
> (because all hosts I’ve seen lack mobile-friendly email interface for
> Roundcube)
>
> Again, setting POP/IMAP/SMTP servers on cell phones is storage +
> security risk for many users.  Obviously webmail useful for phones,
> e.g. this why Gmail-app exists for iOS!

I tend to disagree with your assessment about some-provider-specific
email apps being more secure than generic ones.

However, as far as I know, a mobile-friendly Roundcube skin is already
in progress, you can find it at
https://github.com/roundcube/elastic/commits/master. There was an email
thread about it on this list this January, you can read it at
http://lists.roundcube.net/pipermail/dev/2017-January/thread.html (it's
the second thread from top). Looking at commit history, it seems that
Alec is still alone in this endeavor, so if you really care and have the
knowledge necessary, I guess you're welcome to contribute.

Cheers,

Rimas