[RCD] Current 1.3-git completely broken/unusable (even w/o any plugins)

cor at xs4all.nl cor at xs4all.nl
Tue Feb 7 21:19:07 CET 2017

Hi Michael,

They tagged a version for that, https://github.com/roundcube/roundcubemail/tree/1.3-beta <https://github.com/roundcube/roundcubemail/tree/1.3-beta>

> Am 07.02.2017 13:31, schrieb cor at xs4all.nl:
>
>> If you insist, at your own perit, in using a development branch, then please
>> keep any reports constructive.
>
> How more constructive than "completely broken/unusable" can I be if that is
> the case...? It's simply dysfunctional, can't access almost anything.
>
> And there are still reasons why to use 1.3-beta, as in the so-called
> "stable" version some things do still not work which do/did work in the beta
> for a long time already.

There is a difference between a tagged beta, and git master. Git master may get ‘completely broken/unusable’ code pushed, for instance because they want to save work in progress and dont want to risk losing it when their laptop gets stolen. Whatever, there may be all kinds of reasons.

I found your comments a bit aggressive. Words like "completely broken/unusable”, “Please test your stuff before committing”, "Urgent fix appreciated”.  Nothing about git-master is urgent. It is the current head of the development branch and should be treated as very risky. Now, you’re more than welcome to run it, but then accept the fact that it may be broken at times. That’s the nature of the beast.

Cor