[RCD] Current 1.3-git completely broken/unusable (even w/o any plugins)

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Tue Feb 7 23:24:39 CET 2017

Am 07.02.2017 um 21:11 schrieb Michael Heydekamp:
> Am 07.02.2017 13:31, schrieb cor at xs4all.nl:
>
>> If this is such a problem for you that it needs an urgent fix, please stop
>> using the git development branch. Just use a stable branch.
>
> You may want to take a look at this:
>
> Am 11.01.2017 20:23, schrieb Thomas Bruederli:
>
>> Dear subscribers, we wish you all a happy new year!
>>
>> Today we published the beta release of the next major version 1.3 of
>> Roundcube webmail.
>>
>> We're keen to hear your feedback about the new release
>
> If feedback is requested for a specific version, I have to use this version,
> right? If I shall not use it, then I can't give any feedback.

yes, *that* tagged version and not the GIT master

> Am 07.02.2017 13:31, schrieb cor at xs4all.nl:
>
>> If you insist, at your own perit, in using a development branch, then please
>> keep any reports constructive.
>
> How more constructive than "completely broken/unusable" can I be if that is
> the case...? It's simply dysfunctional, can't access almost anything

"Please test your stuff before committing it" was your message, well,
please test the random GIT head so that it works basically before put it
in production - that's what staging systems are for and nobody even
blows a announced stable release without staging-testing on the
production server