[RCD] Glitches/issues/bugs 1.3 beta release

Michael Heydekamp listuser at freexp.de
Mon Feb 13 21:53:54 CET 2017

Am 13.02.2017 08:27, schrieb A.L.E.C:
> On 13.02.2017 00:09, Michael Heydekamp wrote:
>> 1) Just moving the mouse cursor up and down through the list of messages
>> makes a "wandering star" appear in the "marked" column which is
>> vertically moving parallel to the mouse cursor (the arrow below
>> represents the mouse cursor, but it doesnt matter in which column the
>> mouse cursor is placed):
>
> That's not a bug. The icon is "mark as flagged" button.

I know what the icon means, but I don't understand the purpose of displaying
it. It would make at least some sense if it would appear only when the mouse
cursor is placed in the "marked as flagged" column - but which sense does it
make that it does also appear when the mouse cursor is placed in any other
column (as I clearly described)? If I click on the message in the latter
case, nothing happens (except that - as usual - the message gets
highlighted).

Furthermore, when I place the mouse cursor in the "read/unread" column (the
one with the blue dot), BOTH icons are shown when moving the mouse up and
down.

Sorry, I don't get the purpose. Please explain.

>> 2) The HTML editor is all of a sudden lacking of the faclity to create
>> (numbered or unnumbered) lists. This is what I'm seeing in 1.3 beta release:
>
> That's not an intentional change. The buttons have been lost with update
> to newer TinyMCE version. Something to look at.

Yes, please. But I don't really get it that such a significant glitch can
make it into a beta "release" (and that even nobody did report it yet).

>> 3) In 1.3 beta release, I'm not able to subscribe/unsubscribe any
>> folders anymore, as the appropriate checkboxes are simply not displayed.
>
> Works for me. Did you try with different browser? Maybe some plugins are
> not compatible with 1.3?

Yes, I did test it with Edge - same result.

But as I explained, it DOES work with my private account (which has shorter
folder names), therefore plugins can't be the issue here, right? Did YOU try
it with longer folder names...?

>> 4) In the changelog
>> <https://github.com/roundcube/roundcubemail/wiki/Changelog> of 1.3, I
>> did find this: /"Added Search button in quick search menus (#5312
>> <https://github.com/roundcube/roundcubemail/issues/5312>)"/
>> I'm not seeing any such added search button - where would I have to look
>> for it...?
>
> Indeed, the button was added in Larry skin only.

Then this should be clearly documented.

> Classic is in maintenance mode and will be probably removed in 1.4.

PLEASE DON'T DO THAT (unless you are inventing an even better UI than the
classic skin).

Cheers,
--
Michael Heydekamp