[RCD] Menu ideas

Thomas Bruederli thomas at roundcube.net
Fri May 19 09:54:54 CEST 2017

Hello Martin

(cc-ing dev mailing list as this answer might be of a common interest)

Roundcube skins define a number of named containers which can be used to
add custom elements from plugins. Seek the skin templates
for <roundcube:container ..> tags to locate them.

For the compose screen, there's the 'composeoptions' container which is
probably the one you want. The plugin API wiki describes how to add
elements to such containers:

https://github.com/roundcube/roundcubemail/wiki/Plugin-API#client-scripts-and-ui-elements

Using JavaScript, this could look like this:

  var menu = $('<select>')...
  rcmail.add_element(menu, 'composeoptions');

You can also add elements to containers with PHP when the view template is
rendered:

  $menu = new html_select(array('name' => 'xxx'));
  $menu->add(array(/* add options here */));
  $this->api->add_content(
    html::span('composeoption', html::label(null, $menu->show() .
$this->gettext('menulabel'))),
    'composeoptions'
  );

For further questions about Roundcube plugin development, please subscribe
and post to the dev mailing list. This is our dedicated support channel for
development stuff.

Kind regards,
Thomas