[RCD] SMTP configuration could be simpler

Zhang Huangbin zhb at iredmail.org
Sat Sep 2 04:55:19 CEST 2017

> On 2/09/2017, at 2:21 AM, A.L.E.C <alec at alec.pl> wrote:
>
> It looks that SMTP connection configuration in Roundcube is not as
> simple as it could be. Can we make it more straightforward?
>
> I propose to:
>
> 1. Remove smtp_user and smtp_pass options and act as they would be set
> to %u and %p accordingly. Their modification could still be possible via
> plugin API.
>
> 2. Set the default smtp_port to 587.

I prefer not to change current smtp connection configurations, it’s flexible
and already simple enough.

For newly built mail servers, SMTP auth (with end user’s user/pass) and
secure connection are required, but there’re few companies which have
to use a hard-coded smtp user/pass for all outgoing emails (historical reason).

----
Zhang Huangbin, founder of iRedMail project: http://www.iredmail.org/
Time zone: GMT+8 (China/Beijing).
Available on Telegram: https://t.me/iredmail