[RCD] Code modification for a personal implementation or a Plugin?

Philip Rhoades phil at pricom.com.au
Fri Mar 9 09:29:57 CET 2018

People,

Years ago I posted on a suggested improvement list somewhere to have an
option to only list folders with unread messages (I have hundreds of
folders and it that option would greatly reduce the necessary scrolling)
but it never got implemented - I guess because it never became a
priority for scarce development resources.  While I would still like
that previously suggested upgrade, I have another upgrade which might be
more amenable to me having a shot it doing the work myself.  I think it
is probably a minor tweak so I could just apply it to new, major
versions of the code as they are released.  However, if what I wanted to
do could be done as a Plugin, I would be interested in trying that route
as well.

What I would like is, since there is already the facility to highlight
newly arrived mails in blue - to modify this facility a little so that
ANY mails that are less than 24 hours old are highlighted in blue.  This
would be useful for when I have had to exit out of RCM and reload it for
some reason - currently all the blue highlighted mails lose the
highlight on re-opening RCM.

If someone could point me to the place in the code where I could do this
myself or how suggest I could do this as a plugin, I would greatly
appreciate it!

Regards,

Phil.
--