[RCD] Roundcube should include CalDAV / CardDav client in its core functionality

Thomas Bruederli thomas at roundcube.net
Wed Oct 10 18:54:08 CEST 2018

On Wed, 26 Sep 2018 at 15:46, André Rodier <andre at rodier.me> wrote:

> On 2018-09-26 14:21, A.L.E.C wrote:
> > I think there's everything what is needed. The fact that there are
> > quite good existing
> > plugins (like Kolab's Calendar) confirm that. If there's something
> > missing we're open to
> > add such functionality.
>
> Thank you, Kolab is the perfect example of wasted resources: It only
> works with Kolab groupware,
> where it could have been built in cooperation with other CalDAV /
> CardDAV providers.

FWIW: Kolab’s calendar plugin is built with an abstraction layer for the
storage backend. This would perfectly allow for a CalDAV connector. I think
there even are some forks around for that.

Certainly a better option than starting a new calendar plugin from scratch
as you and alec have already pointed out: it’s not trivial.

Cheers,
Thomas