[RCD] Roundcube should include CalDAV / CardDav client in its core functionality

A.L.E.C alec at alec.pl
Wed Sep 26 13:26:10 CEST 2018

On 26.09.2018 12:47, André Rodier wrote:
> Is there any planning to add a nice and well integrated calendar feature
> on Roundcube? What about adding a CardDAV client for the address book as
> well. Using the LDAP address book in Roundcube is already great, it
> would be nice to have CardDAV integrated as well.

I don't have such plans. I think it will be better if I focus on
supporting core features that we already have. Maybe multi-account
support in the future, things like that, things that cannot really be
implemented as plugins.

Calendaring, CardDAV, such features are not simple and require a lot of
effort in implementation and support. We don't have resources to do
this. And they can be implemented as plugins.

--
Aleksander 'A.L.E.C' Machniak
Kolab Groupware Developer         [http://kolab.org]