[RCD] Roundcube should include CalDAV / CardDav client in its core functionality

A.L.E.C alec at alec.pl
Wed Sep 26 15:21:28 CEST 2018

On 09/26/2018 02:44 PM, André Rodier wrote:
> 1 - Is everything ready in RoundCube, to allow a smooth and well integrated calendar and
> contact plugins using CalDAV and CardDAV ?
> 2 - Is there enough plug-in hooks and documentation and flexibility to allow this? For
> instance, is it possible to make sure a calendar invitation is displayed correctly, that
> the entry will be added in the calendar and a confirmation email sent, when I press "accept"?
> 3 - Is there a way to get free/busy times from the address books when organising an event?

I think there's everything what is needed. The fact that there are quite good existing
plugins (like Kolab's Calendar) confirm that. If there's something missing we're open to
add such functionality.

> More generally, is there any organised collaboration with the current plug-in developers
> to make this happen? Why I have the feeling that a lot of calendar plugins are regularly
> out-of-sync with the roundcube core?

It's probably not caused by missing functionality of core but rather by some not backward
compatible changes, or new features and lack of time to catch up with these on plugins'
side. As for the collaboration, there's nothing really organized, other than the fact I
and Thomas are also working on some external plugins and we're open to any plugin API
extensions.

--
Aleksander 'A.L.E.C' Machniak
Kolab Groupware Developer         [http://kolab.org]